A cookie is a piece of text that is sent by a web server (e.g. this website) to the user’s Internet browser. The browser then automatically stores the cookie on the user’s computer, and automatically sends it back to the server whenever the user visits the website. By default, almost all web browsers allow cookies to be accepted automatically. Somethimes cookies are required to ensure a better website navigation.
Many cookies categories are used:
According to the permanence
- Persistent cookies – they remain stored on the computer’s hard drive until their expiration date or deletion by the user/visitor. Persistent cookies allow any visitor (or any other user who uses the same computer) to be automatically recognized when they log on to the site. Many user-friendly features are provided through persistent cookies. Users can set their browsers to accept/reject all cookies. Users are also able to change their default settings and disable cookies (that is, definitively block them) by setting their browsers to the highest level of protection.
- Session cookies – they are temporarily stored on the user’s computer purely for technical and functional purposes. These cookies allow for the transmission of the necessary session identifiers in order to ensure safe and efficient browsing on the website; they are deleted at the end of the “session”, when the browser is closed. By using this type of cookie, other computer techniques that are potentially detrimental to users’ privacy when browsing can be avoided.
According to use
- Technical Cookies – They are used with the only purpose of a better navigation experience, to allow the website to work properly. They do not store personal user data. The deactivation of technical cookies can cause navigation problems or totally prevent browsing.
- Profiling Cookies – they are used to store user preferences and browsing habits to provide custom settings or targeted advertisements.
According to the cookies source
- “First-party” Cookies – set directly by this website
- “Third-party” Cookies – set by the external services used on this site to provide further functionality or for technical reasons (such as web analytics service, connections with Social Networks, etc.).
Here below a list of the types of cookies we use in this website.
“First-party” Cookies (set by this website):
This website does not use profiling cookies profiling. It only use technical cookies for some navigation procedures.
This website uses the following third-party cookies:
- Google Analytics cookies, to analyze how users navigate the site.Cookies collect relevant information on access standard Internet and information on visitor behavior. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website are anonymized and they will be transmitted to Google. For more information please visit:http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
How to control, disable and delete cookies
Cookies are plain text files, you can access and read them using any word processing or text editor programs. To open them, just click on them. For information about how to perform this control, please refer to the cookie information provided by the browser itself. If you use a mobile phone, please consult the manual to find more information. Any browser requires different procedure to set cookies preferences. To define your preferred settings, please use the help function on the browser. For limit or disable cookies on a mobile phone, check on the manual for further information.
Please be advised that setting restriction to cookies or disabling them may affect the proper functioning of the website.